Operations Engineer (Secondment Position) - Grande Prairie
Rheaume Engineering Inc. is seeking a full-time Operations Engineer to join our team for a secondment position supporting one of Rheaume’s long-term clients located in the Peace Region. The secondment term will be at least one-year and the opportunity to continue working for Rheaume post secondment will be considered. Rheaume is an Alberta-based engineering, procurement, and construction firm founded in 2005. If you want to be a part of an elite workforce that is meeting the challenges of today’s rapidly changing economy, Rheaume could be a fit for you.
What Rheaume can do for you:
- We have flexibility in office hours, working from home, and vacation time
- Rheaume has a reputation for quality engineering and fit-for-purpose solutions, join us and be involved with innovative designs and efficient project execution
- Get experience working on projects in a range of industries: energy, agriculture, pulp & paper, mining, and ESG (carbon capture and emission reduction)
- Work for a small company where you’ll get to know your co-workers, and perform a variety of tasks on multiple projects
- Get rewarded for providing employee referrals and business development leads.
What you’ll do:
- Work with operations to identify plant issues and create MOC projects
- Collect field data to support engineering
- Plan, schedule, coordinate, and execute multidiscipline detailed engineering
- Liaise with project managers, clients, vendors, discipline leads, support staff, etc.
- Participate in design reviews, model reviews, and HAZOPs
- Identify and manage changes to project scope/cost/schedule
- Review plot plans, PFDs, and P&IDs
- Review line, valve, tie-in, car-seal, and specialty item lists; PVF and instrument BOMs
- Prepare/review work packages for field operations and fabrication/construction services
- Provide input into operability, constructability, and operational plant trouble shooting
Who you are:
- 4+ years of Western Canada oil and gas project experience
- P. Eng. with APEGA
- Hard worker, detailed oriented, leader, problem solver
- Ability to work on multiple project deadlines simultaneously
- Effective communicator: both written and oral
- Adaptable to fluctuating hours and workload, driven by project needs
- Currently residing in North America
Either employee or contractor status may be considered for this role. Rheaume has a competitive, multi-faceted compensation plan including a competitive hourly rate based on experience and education, health and dental benefits, and RRSP matching.
This job opportunity will remain open until a suitable candidate is recruited. We thank you for your interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.