Intermediate Mechanical Engineer - FILLED
Rheaume Engineering is seeking an Intermediate Mechanical Engineer to join our team, based out of our Grande Prairie office. Rheaume is an Alberta-based engineering firm providing quality, fit-for-purpose solutions primarily in the energy, forestry, and mining sectors and are an industry leader in GHG reduction projects. We offer a full suite of EPCM services and recognize the value of creativity, innovation, and outside the box thinking during design and project execution. If you’d like to be part of a team that is succeeding in this challenging and rapidly changing economy, our company is a fit for you.
Work within multi-discipline project teams to execute various project, mechanical, and package engineering tasks.
- Coordinate with project managers, clients, vendors, contractors, discipline leads, and support staff.
- Review proposals, project execution plans, design basis memorandums, and project reports.
- Participate in design reviews, model reviews, and HAZOPs with the client and engineering team.
- Facility and pipeline mechanical design.
- Prepare/review mechanical engineering design notes, calculations, specifications, and drawings.
- Work with other disciplines to develop PFD, P&ID, and isometric piping drawings.
- Prepare/review line, valve, tie-in, car-seal, and specialty item lists; pipe/fitting and instrument BOMs.
- Prepare work packages for field operations and fabrication/construction services.
- Provide input into operability, constructability, and operational plant trouble shooting.
- Data gathering and as-building site visits.
- Prepare datasheets, specifications, and RFPs for equipment to be purchased.
- Conduct vendor clarifications and prepare technical/commercial bid evaluations.
- Work with procurement personnel to purchase and expedite equipment.
- Review vendor drawings and documentation.
- Coordinate and review inspection and quality control services for fabricated equipment.
- Identify and manage vendor changes to scope/cost/schedule.
- Detail oriented person who consistently produces high quality deliverables.
- Advanced technical writing with Excel and Word proficiency.
- Skilled at planning, managing, and organizing.
- Take ownership and responsibility of assigned projects and tasks.
- Consistently demonstrate positive leadership.
- Independent worker and clear oral communicator.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering.
- Registered as P. Eng. with APEGA.
- 5-10 years of experience in technical engineering within the oil and gas industry.
- Forestry and / or mining experience an asset.
Rheaume has a competitive, multi-faceted compensation plan. The chosen candidate can expect a competitive hourly rate based on experience and education. Participation in our group benefits, including health and dental, will occur after completion of a three-month probationary period.
We thank you for your interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.