Intermediate Designer & Drafter, Electrical - Calgary
Rheaume Engineering Inc. is seeking an Intermediate Electrical Designer/Drafter to join our dynamic
team. Rheaume Engineering is an Alberta-based engineering firm that embraces the opportunity to
provide fit-for-purpose, quality solutions tailored to our clients’ needs. We constantly strive for creativity
and a willingness to think outside the box. If you want to be a part of a team that is meeting the
challenges of today’s rapidly changing economy, our company is a fit for you.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Design electrical systems and use company software to prepare 2D and 3D technical drawings
for oil and gas projects.
- Prepare complete and accurate engineering drawing sets, including:
- Single line and wiring diagrams/schematics
- Heat-trace schedules, layouts, and isometrics
- Lighting panel schedules, equipment layouts, and area classifications
- 3D models, plot plans, P&IDs
- Collaborate with and support project managers and engineers.
- Maintain accurate and organized drawing files within existing file structure.
- Manage assigned tasks and deadlines.
- Report to the Drafting Lead
Here’s who you are:
- Experience with oil and gas well sites, facilities. and technical drawings.
- 2-7 years of design and drafting experience.
- Post-secondary CAD training (EDDT or equivalent).
- Knowledge of CAD programs such as: AutoCAD, CADWorx, ProCAD and Navisworks.
- Problem solver, ability to implement designs from concept through construction.
- Ability to work on multiple project deadlines simultaneously.
- Ability to read, understand, and update project redlines.
- Highly organized and effective communicator, both written and oral.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to work independently and within a team.
- Adaptable to fluctuating hours and workload, driven by project needs.
Here’s what’s in it for you:
- Enhance your personal and professional development by contributing to the growth of an
exciting company with an experienced team of professionals.
- Work in a supportive, respectful, and fun environment with a focus on innovation and
- Potential for a hybrid work environment.
Rheaume has a competitive, multi-faceted compensation plan. The chosen candidate can expect a
competitive hourly rate based on experience and education.
Open until a suitable candidate is recruited. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Impress
us with your skills and experience!