Engineer in Training - FILLED
Rheaume Engineering is seeking an Engineer-In-Training to join our team, based out of our Calgary office.
Rheaume is an Alberta-based engineering firm providing quality, fit-for-purpose solutions to a diverse range of clients, primarily in the energy and mining sectors. We offer a full suite of EPCM services and recognize the value of creativity, innovation, and outside the box thinking during design and project execution.
If you’d like to be part of a team that is exceeding in this challenging and rapidly changing economy, our company is a fit for you.
Work within multi-discipline project teams to execute various mechanical and package engineering tasks.
- Facility and pipeline mechanical design.
- Prepare/review mechanical engineering design notes, calculations, specifications, and drawings.
- Work with other disciplines to develop PFD, P&ID, and isometric piping drawings.
- Prepare/review line, valve, tie-in, car-seal, and specialty item lists; pipe/fitting and instrument BOMs.
- Prepare work packages for field operations and fabrication/construction services.
- Data gathering and as-building site visits.
- Prepare datasheets, specifications, and RFPs for equipment to be purchased.
- Conduct vendor clarifications and prepare technical/commercial bid evaluations.
- Work with procurement personnel to purchase and expedite equipment.
- Review vendor drawings and documentation.
- Coordinate and review inspection and quality control services for fabricated equipment.
- Identify and manage vendor changes to scope/cost/schedule.
- Detail oriented person who consistently produces high quality deliverables.
- Advanced technical writing with Excel and Word proficiency.
- Skilled at planning, managing, and organizing.
- Take ownership and responsibility of assigned projects and tasks.
- Independent worker and clear oral communicator.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or chemical engineering.
- Registered as EIT with APEGA.
Rheaume has a competitive, multi-faceted compensation plan. The chosen candidate can expect a competitive hourly rate based on experience and education. Participation in our group benefits, including health and dental, will occur after completion of a three-month probationary period.
Submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply below.
We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.